Travel to SydneySydney airport (Domestic/International) is about 10km away from the University of New South Wales (UNSW) or the city.
Travel to the University of New South Wales
See the UNSW Transport Guide for more detailed information. A short summary is given below.
From the Airport, Bus number 400 will take you to Anzac Parade and stops opposite UNSW.
Warning: if you are travelling from UNSW to the airport, note that not every 400 bus goes to the airport.
Taxi journey will take 15 to 20 minutes and should cost around $35.
From Central Station 891 Express bus or routes 391, 393, and 395. These depart from Eddy Ave and stop at the University of New South Wales Kensington Campus. If you wish to go to the city from the airport, the Airport Link train runs regularly and takes about 15 minutes to reach Central Station. From there you can take the City Circle train to all central destinations. From Circular Quay 392, 394, X94 (express), L94 or 396 to UNSW Kensington Campus. The journey should take about 30 minutes. From Bondi Junction Take the 400 bus which passes UNSW on its way to the airport.
From Coogee Beach, the 370 bus which travels along Coogee Bay Road will arrive to UNSW entrance on High Street.
Travel around Sydney - All information about Sydney public transport is on the Transport Infoline webpage or can be obtained by calling 131500. There are no train stations within walking distance from UNSW. For general information about Sydney's buses including timetables and maps, visit the Sydney Buses site, or see the UNSW Transport Guide. Note that some Sydney bus routes are PrePay-Only at all times. If you will be catching buses regularly while in Sydney you should consider buying a MyBus Travel Ten ticket. These are simply ten bus tickets for a discounted price and they are available at most newsagencies. More detailed information on bus tickets can be found here.
Driving - A one-day parking permit can be purchased at $17 each. Casual metered parking is available for up to two hours at various locations (see map below). The roof of the Barker Street car park (Gate 14) has all day metered parking.
Accommodation near Kensington, NSW
The following are some options for accommodation near the UNSW campus. If calling from abroad, replace (02) by +612.
• Medina Executive Coogee. 183 Coogee Bay Rd, Coogee NSW 2034. Phone: (02) 9578 6000.
• Avonmore on the Park Boutique Hotel. 34 The Avenue, Randwick NSW 2031. Phone: (02) 9399 9388. Toll free: 1800 333 583.
• Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments. 161 Dolphin Street, Coogee NSW 2034. Phone: (02) 9665 8588.
• Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach. 242 Arden Street, Coogee NSW 2034. Phone: (02) 9315 7600.
• Dive Hotel. 234 Arden Street, Coogee, NSW 2034. Phone: (02) 9665 5538.
• Randwick Lodge. 211 Avoca Street, Randwick NSW 2031. Phone: (02) 9310 0700.
• High Cross Park Lodge. 7-9 Cuthill Street, Randwick NSW 2031. Phone: (02) 9314 5553.
More options may be found at the following websites.
Map of Location on UNSW Kensington Campus (click to enlarge)